We have extensive experience working with law firms and their clients in auditing websites for accessibility issues, as well as in developing actionable and clear plans to improve accessibility and promote compliance.
Whether you’ve received a demand letter, are being pressured by a 3rd party group or individual, or are looking to become compliant for altruistic reasons, a free and confidential overview website scan will give you a good idea as to the accessibility of your digital presence.
Your free website accessibility scan will evaluate WCAG 2.0 A/AA guidelines in these four areas:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia.
- Create content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
The Guidelines in this category all focus on whether users with varying ability can consume the content on your site.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Do not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
This means that users must be able to operate the interface, or in other words, the interface can’t require interaction that a user is unable to perform
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
In addition to being Operable, users must also be able to understand the information being presented to them.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user agents, including assistive technologies
Content must be robust enough that it can be interpreted reliably by a wide variety of user agents, including assistive technologies such as screen readers and alternative input devices.
With its extensive expertise and experience with banks, credit unions, financial services and insurance companies, the Bureau of Internet Accessibility is uniquely qualified to help organizations become compliant per the digital accessibility standards.
Get started with your free and confidential scan.