Labels and/or instructions are necessary when the content requires user input. The instructions need to be clear and simple, and should not contain information unnecessary to complete the task at hand. Simple instructions, connected to form controls can assist users with disabilities. The goal is to make certain that enough information is provided for the user to accomplish the task without undue confusion or navigation.
3.3.2 Labels or Instructions: Labels or instructions are provided when content requires user input.
How to fix:
- Make sure form control labels are descriptive
- Provide a label for each element.
- Provide examples of the expected values and format
- Provide a link to a reference page of correct values.
- Add instruction text at the beginning of the form.
- Use the
titleattribute for use as a tooltip when the visual design cannot accommodate a label