When you have an audio-only or video-only pre-recorded media presentation, you must provide an alternative that presents the information in a way that sight or hearing impaired visitors can use.
Audio-only and Video-only (Prerecorded): For prerecorded audio-only and prerecorded video-only media, the following are true, except when the audio or video is a media alternative for text and is clearly labeled as such:
- Prerecorded Audio-only: An alternative for time-based media is provided that presents equivalent information for prerecorded audio-only content.
- Prerecorded Video-only: Either an alternative for time-based media or an audio track is provided that presents equivalent information for prerecorded video-only content.
How to fix:
- Provide a link to a transcript of the audio presentation immediately adjacent to the audio-only content.
- For visual-only content, provide a short text identification of the media, and longer text, or a link to longer text, of the content of the presentation.
- Provide a link to an audio version of the video-only presentation